  From Kyle...Enjoy the video!

                                                                               David Bartsch

From: edlunddds@comcast.net
To: dbartsch2236@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: video
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 21:57:02 -0500

David here is a link to test two of your sonar you can share it with the group when you see fit.  I feel it is a little long but could not edit it once in YT.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDVfegbeU5k

I had Matt start circling me at 10 yard increments (approx. every 30 seconds) after I submerged.  You can here the motor get louder as it passes in front.  Because different motors are noisier than others it is difficult to estimate range.

I can here other motorized craft in the distance and use caution until they are fading away.  The sonar does amplify these motors when my own motors are not running.

to me the system is a nice adjunct to a communications system but would not be a stand alone item unless the motors did not interfere as I rotated or I could rotate the receiver 360 degrees from inside the sub.

Kyle