RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] No Machining Hatch Sealing Concept

To protect the hatch seals on US Navy subs, they have a plastic-dipped aluminum ring with a lip that is placed over the hatch ring.  The ring is hinged so it folds in half and can be easily stowed inside the sub when getting underway.

R/Jay

Resepectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas