From: ShellyDalg@aol.com [mailto:ShellyDalg@aol.com]
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 15:31:40 EDT
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Touch start Tig

Hi James. Hi-freq is useful but certainly not required. I've welded almost
my entire sub with TIG and although I have a Hi-freq on my machine, I
rarely use  it.
I'm welding everything from 3/4 inch to 20 gage.
Scratch or touch makes very little difference. I would suggest just buying
an inexpensive TIG torch, clamp it onto the arc-rod stinger, and start
burning.  If you've already got the flow meter, $75 to $80 and you're in
business. I've  always found TIG to be the easiest. I taught my youngest daughter
to do it. Took  about an hour and she was just welding away. Frank D.