Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Touch start Tig

Hi James. Hi-freq is useful but certainly not required. I've welded almost my entire sub with TIG and although I have a Hi-freq on my machine, I rarely use it.
I'm welding everything from 3/4 inch to 20 gage.
Scratch or touch makes very little difference. I would suggest just buying an inexpensive TIG torch, clamp it onto the arc-rod stinger, and start burning. If you've already got the flow meter, $75 to $80 and you're in business. I've always found TIG to be the easiest. I taught my youngest daughter to do it. Took about an hour and she was just welding away. Frank D.