Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Gel Coat Type for Depth

Hi Brent, I'm using "structural lay-up" resin for the first color coats with white pigment. The final color coat will be with "marine grade" resin because of it's anti water absorption properties. Regular gel coat is a common product for boats but the added resistance to water absorption in the marine grade is better when you consider the pressures these fairings are under while submerged.
I've not tried the baby powder trick yet, and the PVA is generally a big pain in the ass. I'm using it as a coating on the plug molds and recently on the "wing" molds but it doesn't just "wash off" like the literature suggests. Pretty much have to sand it to get it gone.
Frank D.