From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of David Bartsch
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:56 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Sonar Testing

Alan,

  I have chosen this submarine type for several reasons. First, cost. I have a very limited budget that looks to be further squeezed as time moves on. Second is simplicity. Should I make a serious flaw in calculations, exiting the thing should be much easier. And third, In this state I have yet to find what most would consider deep water. I have a very demanding public and hydrodynamics can be much more streamlined in an ambient.
  Some day I will attempt a 1ATM but not at the present time. I seem to be providing some good benefit to those who have already taken the plunge with this sonar research. This is enough to remove me from life's troubles for a spell. Books don't do it for me, I need hands on stuff.
  It took the local rescue squad five days to recover the body of a drowned man...imagine the anguish his family must have been going thru at the time...a submarine or even a small ROV could have been of great help in this case.
  Anyway, something simple, small, and easy to transport and deploy is what I am attempting to achieve. A moments silence hidden from the rest of the world in command of a submarine, even if for a short time. content and at peace and at home below the water. A dreamer come home.

                                                                                                            David Bartsch