From: bottomgun@mindspring.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Sonar Testing
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 06:23:29 -0400

David,

A practical note here.  Rescue divers if properly deployed will have a better chance in finding a body than the typical ambient or 1-atms. PSUB due to the fact that we have no navigation system.  The divers can use line searches (divers spread out along a line swimming forward) or spiral searches using a rope to insure that 120% of the area is covered.  Sidescan sonar would be the more proper resource to find a body.

R/Jay

Resepectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas