To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 15, 2009 1:52 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Vancouver + hotel accommodations

Ron,

Thanks for your help. I think you hit it pretty good. We're looking for something very close (within walking distance would be nice) to major conveniences such as restaurants, pubs, and shopping. Keeping in mind that we are likely to act as a group, so the restaurants would be best if they could accomodate a group of 15-20 people.

If I remember correctly, Nuytten's place is sort of centrally located in North Vancouver between Stanley Park and Seymour Creek. We only have one event at his location so I'm not sure it makes sense to lodge in that area if we have to travel to UBC for the conference, and West Vancouver for diving. Any idea of the driving time if we lodged somewhere close to Nuytten's and had to travel to UBC or West Vancouver for other events? Restaurants, pubs, other activities around Nuytten's location? It looks like the Robson street area is sort of central to Nuytten, UBC, and West Vancouver. If it's got lots of conveniences as you've suggested, then perhaps that is the best place to go for.

The Inn at False Creek probably fits the bill pretty well. They're showing $103/night (american rates) for the 30th through the 4th. The other one that I had an eye on was Cascadia Hotel which is a bit more at $122, but got great reviews; and also Century Plaza. Any comment on Cascadia? Century Plaza? Another one is Ramada Limited Downtown, at $69/night, but got a 4.1 rating from Expedia.

Jon

ronleonard@shaw.ca wrote:
OK, remind me of the area of Vancouver you want to stay in, or what hotels you have been looking at and I'll see what I can recommend or find in the area. Aside from that, a nice spot is the Inn at False Creek. http://www.innatfalsecreek.com/. It's a decent place, central to most things, right on the edge of Downtown and very close to Robson St (great shopping) and Yaletown (great restaurants and brew pubs).
Ron

our server receiving your request.

PSUBS.ORG
PO Box 53