Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Buoy release

Hi Vance. Ya, big safety factors are better than little ones for sure.
If I had this to do over, I'd have started with thicker tank heads. At least gone to 1/2 inch.
Jacques Cousteau's little sub was 3/4 inch thick and I have no idea how the stiffener ribs were set up, but it made dives to 1000 feet.
With all the lead ballast I have to add to get this little bugger to sink, I'd have been better off to start with thicker heads. Well....coulda-shoulda but here I am and there I go. For now, I'll just stay in shallower water and get my training out of the way. If it turns out it's as much fun as I anticipate, the learning experience will make the next sub even better.
If the sub turns out it won't go that deep, I'll cut in a few more windows and use it for a harbor taxi/glass bottom boat.
Maybe the next one should be made from stainless tank heads, then I wouldn't even have to paint it, plus I could polish it up and make it look like chrome !!!!
Think I could put a Harley motor in there for a main thruster?
Jeez, I better get off this computer, I'm startin' to get dizzy!
Frank D.