Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Buoy release

Hi gang,
I'm a newby to psubs, decided that living on a boat, sans garage, lathe, welder, or metal working skills,
I've downsized to an ROV vs a semi-dry. However, I'm an open water cert diver with lots of experience
and have had my share of "at depth" near misses. I'm also a Respiratory Therapist with 30 years
experience including decomp/dive medicine.
The drum deal in theory seems like a viable option, but as pointed out, any of the rescue work
envisioned would be very difficult at best, and very dangerous to the divers. If the disabled sub
was deeper than 100fsw divers would be "bottom time" limited. Your math is probably right
regarding buoyancy, but if that sub is on a silt or other soft bottom there is an initial
 suction effect on the hull that would have to be overcome. The Coast Guard has no provision
for a "sub salvage", so you guys (me included) have to come up with something for self rescue.
As a wreck diver I carry tri-redundancy for my air supply. I hope you sub pilots do the same.
 The subject of sub rescue is the most important of all and deserves our attention.
Be safe and good luck to all
Best Regards,  Carlos