Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Vent valves

Oups,   I meant to say that some wouldn't be able to handle some of the depth we go to.

Who's hording all the coffee any ways. ;}

Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2009 12:35 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Vent valves

I've been told that many pneumatic cylinders have thin walls that would be able to handle some of the depths we go to, if there is not enough pressure inside them. So in that mode they would be acting like a vacuum tank, like are subs hulls are on 1 ATM boats. So having the heavy duty SS ones like Vance mentioned would be a good plan. I'd be interested in what models of Bimba cylinders will fit are needs.

Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2009 11:59 AM

Hugh,

Forgot that I did up those sketches.  Brent, thanks for digging those out.  You can purchase the Bimba actuating cylinders in stainless steel with an option for spring loaded so that the valve will fail in the closed position (i.e. loss of control air pressure).

R/Jay

Resepectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas