Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Aqua Jet Cutting My 2" Acrylic Viewport

I don't know if the calculations "require" a tube around the window disks, but it seems like a bad idea to NOT have one. Having the disk inside a tube gives you more room for "pookie" to seal against the disk, plus it protects the disk from side impact. My big window has a 2 inch wide flange for the disk to sit on, plus a three inch deep tube  surrounding the disk. That makes 5 inches of sika-flex the water has to get through to enter the sub. Probably won't be possible to remove the disk un-damaged if I need to later though.
Frank D.