[PSUBS-MAILIST] Roll Roll Roll your Boat

How does one roll there sub without a A frame lift or tube roller with out denting it?  My dad's answer would almost alway be "very carefully".  I have plans to build a A frame lift in Portland, Oregon, but need to finish the major clean up blasting before I go to Portland with sub in tow behind the trusty sled dog.

Some time back I slowly rolled the sub onto wood supports so I could blast and inspect the bottom properly.  After blasting the hull looks quite good with only a couple very minor rust voids that need to be filled with bubble gum.  Thank goodness I don't have to weld the whole bottom surface of the sub, like Vance did.  I know I need welding practice, but not that bad. ;}

http://cid-5085d10eb6afe47c.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Roll%20Roll%20Roll%20your%20Boat

Regards,

Szybowski