[PSUBS-MAILIST] Blasting Euronaut

Hi Carsten,

Congrats on getting your subs main interior, and diver lock out interior sand blasted and painted.  That is a really big step done, and it must be nice to be installing the guts again for the last time.  Have you anodized your aluminum paneling yet?

How did you blast, sand, or grind of the rust on the back side of the I beam support ribs inner flanges?  Mine are even tighter then yours so I worked up a 45 degree blasting attachment I can get into tight spaces.  Will test it out shortly.  I cut a hole part way thru a ceramic sandblasting tip with the aqua jet cutter and then caped the end with rubber like how a champaign cork it held on with wires.  It was part of a test to see if I could drill a hole in ceramic tips to be able to make up an assembly that could blast the inside of some antique muzzle loader rifles that went thru a fire.

Did you have your own blasting equipment or did you have a commercial crew do it?

I've found I can be pretty productive with a basic pressurized pot if I run three compressors at the same time to get enough CFM. Also for me I feel that the copper slag cuts three times faster, and last long as well. I've recycled some of the material I have more then twenty times.  Silica doesn't last that long for me.

Regards,

Szybowski