[PSUBS-MAILIST] Oils for oil compensation

Hi all,
I'm looking for oil alternatives for oil compensating my linear actuators.
I'm not worried about viscosity as the motor is only small & running randomly.
I'm more concerned about compatability with plastic & that water separates easily
from it.
I'm not that confidant that the piston seal won't let in a bit of water so are incorporating
a clear tube at the bottom with a drain plug. (Franks idea)
I'm using WD40 for  my main propulsion motors,  but stuck it in a jar with water and shook
it up & eventually it mixes with the water & stays white (well has for last few days)
where as olive oil separates out well.
Any suggestions as to what I might play round with are appreciated.
FRANK , I'm going to poke a hole with a hot needle in the micro switches that regulate the
piston traveland hope I don't stuff them up. They seem to be the archilles heel of this idea.
On looking at a diagram of one on wiki there is a proportionally large void in them
& I'm concerned that they will activate willy nilly at depth as the oil pressure pushes on the
switch to compress any air inside. With a hole in them the oil can compress the air that way
instead.
Regards Alan.