Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Push Pull Cable Rudder Control Means

Hi Doug. I have a local rubber products supplier with catalogues. The pictures I have of the bellows is from a web site, but sorry, I can't seem to find it in my files. It's easy to find through google though. There's a wide variety of rubber types and bellows shapes available, and the ones I show a picture of are only $4 each.
These little ones are for demonstration only and are too small for the large actuators we are using. The larger ones in the size we need were ( from memory ) about $12 and the guy there said he could get them in a few days. I'll see if I can get a manufacturers name next time I get a peak at his catalogues.
The geometry of the bellows should make it possible to compress the bellows at depth, but still maintain the seal during travel of the rod. A little oil compensation will make the friction between the rubber and rod ease up, and a coating of poly-urethane over the hose clamps should be enough to keep the whole assembly dry.
I'll look for that site later and get it back up here. Frank D.