Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Franks sub

Hi Frank,

Good luck on your ballast tanks! Sounds like you have enough work to keep you out of the taverns for a while!

Best Regards,

Jim K

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 9:34 PM, <ShellyDalg@aol.com> wrote:
Hi Guys. I picked up the 5 sheets of stainless 12 gage for my ballast tanks yesterday. $238 each, which is better than the $486 each where I started.
Now, to cut the stuff, I wanted to use a plasma cutter. WELL, that's $1800 bucks that I don't have, so in typical Scottish mode, I bought a box of 1/16 inch cutter disks for my grinder. It took a little extra time, but the cut pieces came out nice. Those little disks go right through that stuff. Kind of messy with the dust and crap flying all over the place, but hey, it's cheap, works good, and the cuts are nice and clean. I'll get some pictures of them up later. These tanks are pretty complicated as far a shaping and fitting them inside the structural members where they fit, so I'll be on this for a while. Frank D.
http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1578526&pid=10426405&myphotos=1

An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps!