[PSUBS-MAILIST] Push Pull Cable Rudder Control Means

Greetings SMOMs,

In looking at different ways to control my sub rudders, I have been considering using a push pull cabling and pulley system, since I need to make a few turns to get to my rudders. I've seen that many small planes control there rudder and other control surfaces in this manor. Here is an interesting example of how it was done on a set of Aerocet composite floats, for a Cessna.

http://cid-5085d10eb6afe47c.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Rudder%20Push%20Pull%20Cable%20Actuation%20Options

I might ever save a little money going this route, instead of using all the solid 316 SS rod and flat stock. Also the weight savings can be put into the drop weights.

Szybowski