Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Diesel storage tank

Hi Brian,

I am quite sure that exposure to diesel will have no negative effects on the steel, however sometimes these tanks are not maintained well over the years and they have significant rust scaling and pitting. These are serious stress risers, especially in a material as this as 1/4 inch, so you should carefully inspect every square inch that you intend to use.

If you do use any of the material it is VERY important to always form it in the same direction that it has already been formed.

Best Regards,

Jim K