Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Side Thruster Options

the snorkel valve is all you need, if you do build up pressure you have to let it out very slow or you get a headache for a few weeks,,I know, been there done that,. I'm uploading some pictures of my new sub project. Made a test piece for the seals in my dogs for the hatch and motor swivels. test to 50psi no leeks with the u-block seal,,same seal in hydraulic hose's. making rear MBT, same as last sub, easy build-nice shape, 3 days at the most.Going to cut my trolling motor controls to fit in a box, 2 side by side and make levers just like the gear shifters for a twin screw boat. The more that gets done the excitement mounts-hope to be in the water at the end of summer, you can't buy lead in this state anymore so I'm collecting dead batteries. any thought's . Les K

----- Original Message ----- From: <MerlinSub@t-online.de>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2009 7:00 PM
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Side Thruster Options

It will not work as over pressure vale..

vbr Carsten

"Brent Hartwig" <brenthartwig@hotmail.com> schrieb:

Hello Alec,

Your reminded me of one reason I didn't wish to go with air compensated thrusters. It was a slow bleed into the interior of a K-250 that George was running, that made the hatch dome pop out when he started to ascend, and he was lucky to of survived. This is also why I plan to install a over pressure valve much like the larger one that is installed on the KSS. Except I'll be mounting mine in the bottom of the sub so it can also be used to drain the sub after a wet exit training exercise.

Regards,
Szybowski