RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Depth

Vance, I am interested in knowing more about the “survived several months submerged on a wreck” story.

Thanks,

Steve

From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of vbra676539@aol.com
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 2:47 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Depth

Both are capable of 350 but Captain Kittredge's native caution came out. He wanted to make sure the acrylic dome would not be overstressed. One of those failed in a full hull pressure test at just over 800 feet, so he settled on the nearest third of that, rounding back. The 350 is almost the same hull, with T-bar ribs instead of rolled angle iron and a steel conning tower to replace the acrylic dome. One of those survived several months submerged on a wreck at nearly 700 feet without damage.

Vance