Van: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] Namens Alan Clifford
Verzonden: maandag 11 mei 2009 16:04
Aan: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Onderwerp: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Depth

My dry, one atmosphere, two person submarine will be diving in fresh water only.  The water will be quite cold.

I get the impression that most of the interesting sights are within 150’ of the surface.  Is that correct?

However, I also get the impression that a submarine with an operating depth of 300’ is only a bit more expensive than one with an operating depth of 150’.  Is that true and, if so, how much?

The Kittredge subs were designed for 250’ and 350’.  Was there some significance to those numbers?

Thanks for the help to-date

            Alan