From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of ShellyDalg@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2009 10:20 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Shrinkage of plexi windows.

Hi Brian. Yes, there's two annealing processes required. At 3 inches thick by 24 inch dia. for my main view port, it looks like it may take up to 4 days for one annealing treatment. ( from a little preliminary research done last winter )
I didn't find any set formula for shrinkage back then, but I didn't spend a lot of time looking either.
My smaller windows are 2 inch thick and the disks are 16 inch dia.
I have a machinist locally that advertises he cuts/machines plexi and said he does "heat treating" but I didn't get a good feeling about his abilities. (still looking )  and I wanted some info to help determine if the process is being done right. Frank D.