Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] 2 Man Sub From Boston?

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for your comments. I agree a soft ballast tank would be easy to retrofit, and even an external hard tank if necessary to save some room inside. I've always liked the idea of the saucer sub for it's simplicity in terms of main hull construction. One good weld around the perimeter and you're done. I like the three downward looking viewports on this one, but also think the design is weak and should be retrofitted with the type Frank has put on his saucer sub. Not only Stachiw approved, but close to the hull and will give a better field of view as well. It could probably use a viewport or two in the rear and also maybe one on each side. It will be interesting to watch this one go and I'm guessing it will reach between $3-5k as a selling price. Even as a non-functional sub, it would be a great addition to a museum based upon it's unique design.

Jon