RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Problems with initial

James, good advice.....

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of James Frankland
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 7:32 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Problems with initial

Hi Scott.

I happen to have the order i sent for my K350 here on my computer, so i will
cut n' paste the details in.

I'm pretty sure this lot is correct as this is what i ordered, but dont
quote me on it, you best check with the details on the side of the plan
sheets as others have said.

This lot is the hull, tower, endcaps, battery pods, caps, VBT.  You'll need
to order the reinforcing rings as well at this point but i havent got the
sheet for that to hand.

BUT, if i was doing this project again, i wouldnt order this lot yet.  I
would make all the small things first.  Viewports, through hulls, motor pods
etc.  Maybe battery pods next, and then order the actual hull at the end.
They you almost have a kit to just weld all your completed bits to.  My hull
has been sat on its trailor getting rusty while ive been mucking about
machining small things i could have done before the hull arrived.  Just my
advice.
regards
James

CYL - 1/4" (6.35mm) x 36" (914.4mm) OD x 72" (1828.8mm) LG. ASTM 516 GR70
Quantity 1.

3/8" (9.525mm) x 36" (914.4mm) OD ELLIP. HD. ASTM 516 GR70
Quantity 2.

CYL - 3/4" (19.05mm) x 24.5" (622.3mm) OD x 9" (228.6mm) LG. ASTM 516 GR70
Quantity 1.

CYL - 1/4" (6.35mm) x 24" (609.6mm) OD x 13" (330.2) LG.  ASTM 516 GR70
Quantity 1.

3/8" (9.525mm) Dished Head 23" (584.2mm) OD ASTM 516 GR70
Quantity 1.

12" (304.8mm) OD x 33" (838.2mm) LG STD WT A53 PIPE
Quantity 2.

12" (304.8mm) OD x 12" (304.8mm) LG STD WT A53 PIPE
Quantity 2.

12" (304.8mm) OD STD WT PIPE CAPS
Quantity 4.

10" (254mm) OD x 14" LG STD WT PIPE