Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Sea Scouts project videos

Hi Alan. Ya, it's going to cost a bundle to fix up that sub, provided it's salvageable. First thing is strip it down to bare metal, and see what's useful. Carsten's idea of xraying the hull is definitely worth it. As for the MBT on top, I'd probably just cut it off and bolt on some new stainless ones. Saddle tanks are the most stable, and stainless is the best way to go.
Cost? Well, we all know it costs about $30K to even think about a small sub. Time ? likely 3 years minimum unless you've got a big check book and a good crew of experienced welders, mechanics, electricians, and all round hard workers. I've been on my little sub for 2 years so far, but I'm all alone on this little adventure.
I expect to get it wet this summer but probably won't actually dive till late 2009. Lots of work and money. Hey, nobody said it would be easy, or cheap! Frank D.