RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] K350 porthole question

Yeah maybe the best.

We sealed the sgt, Peppers window with Loctite silicone sealant;  No leaks and not requiring service.

Thanks to all, Emile

Van: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] Namens Dan H.
Verzonden: dinsdag 10 februari 2009 0:45
Aan: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Onderwerp: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] K350 porthole question

Emile,

The flat rubber I thing I think your referring to is there only as a cushion.  The actual viewport lenses are sealed in with urethane calking.  I made the flat rings as the print shows but then after talking to the captain I decided not to use them.  I laid down a bed of urethane goo and then pressed the lens in to it.  If I ever have to remove a lens I know I won't be reusing it, but it's sealed.

Dan H.