From: Jumachine@comcast.net
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] K350 porthole question
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 18:44:52 -0500

Emile,

The flat rubber I thing I think your referring to is there only as a cushion.  The actual viewport lenses are sealed in with urethane calking.  I made the flat rings as the print shows but then after talking to the captain I decided not to use them.  I laid down a bed of urethane goo and then pressed the lens in to it.  If I ever have to remove a lens I know I won't be reusing it, but it's sealed.

Dan H.