From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org on behalf of David Bartsch
Sent: Sat 2/7/2009 11:58 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] FW: magnet with wire

From: dbartsch2236@hotmail.comTo: ojaivalleybeefarm@dslextreme.comSubject: RE: magnet with wireDate: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 23:56:32 -0500

Brian,     Here is a thought...perhaps the communications can be established in a manner such as a transformer. The side of this device connected via a cable would be considered the primary side and would be sealed or coated with a form of resin or rubber so as to avoid shorting out, and the submarine mounted side would contain the magnet (This would attract and allow proper coupling of the two sections) and would be concidered the secondary winding. This secondary winding would be also sealed with a coating of resin or rubber. Both windings would be at a ratio of 1:1 and together would form an isolation transformer. Anything in the way of a small ac signal would be transfered from one winding to the next and amplified by shipboard electronics as would the returning message topside.   Just a thought.                                                                                                                                    David Bartsch

From: ojaivalleybeefarm@dslextreme.comTo: dbartsch2236@hotmail.comSubject: RE: magnet with wireDate: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 06:35:06 -0800

David,
           My question is,  with just the magnet attached to the outside of the sub would there be any way to communicate thru that wire.  Even though you would not have any physical attachment to the wire.  If the wire was attached to the magnet then anywhere on the metal sub maybe you could send some type of signal.

Brian

-----Original Message-----From: David Bartsch [mailto:dbartsch2236@hotmail.com]Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 11:17 PMTo: Brian CoxSubject: RE: magnet with wireBrian,   This sounds like a workable idea, but I can't see how you could connect to this wire on the submarine end of things. With an ambient, you could pull the cable, once you snag it, into the access hole from underneath the boat (submarine). With a 1atm, it looks a whole lot harder. It would have to be already attached and well sealed and depoyed from below and connected once on the surface.                                                                                                                                   David Bartsch

From: ojaivalleybeefarm@dslextreme.comTo: dbartsch2236@hotmail.comSubject: magnet with wireDate: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 20:06:53 -0800

Hey David,
                      I have a question for you:   Say you were down on the bottom with your sub and a surface vessel dropped a magent with a conducting wire attached to the magnet, it drops down and attaches it self to your sub.   Would there be a way to communicate thru that wire ?

Brian

Windows LiveT: Keep your life in sync. See how it works.

Windows LiveT: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. Check it out.
Windows LiveT: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect.
http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_AE_Faster_022009

<<winmail.dat>>