From: bottomgun@mindspring.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] LED Lighting Options
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 17:03:23 -0500

As Sean alluded to, to minimize backscatter from particulate matter and plankton in the water column the optimum angle to place lighting is at a 45 degree angle to the subject from the viewer’s direction.  An additional method that is useful in special applications is to place the lighting behind the viewer (but not in the sub).

R/Jay

Respectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas

As scarce as the truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand.

    -Josh Billings