RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Soft ballast venting valve

Brain,
Depending on the pressure service you may find bronze valves on PSUBS.  Some
builders use all stainless steel for possible greater dependability.  What
is your designed service depth and your design safety factor...the one times
the other gives you the MINIMUM rating for the valve (and associated piping
and fittings).  Depending on how the bronze and SS is used there may be
corrosion issues, good paint and zincs may solve some of those issues if
they develop.  Using all SS while costlier simplifies design and maintenance
issues.
R/Jay

Respectfully,
Jay K. Jeffries
Andros Is., Bahamas

As scarce as the truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the
demand.
    -Josh Billings