From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Brian Cox
Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2009 9:49 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Soft ballast venting valve

Thanks Jay,
                      Lined SS valves ?  These butterfly valves that we use
here on the farm are usally a cast iron body with a metal disk ( the
"butterfly")  in the middle for the shut off device.  There is rubber around
the disk as well as rubber around the perimeter of the mating opening of the
cast iron valve body.  It would be easy enough to replace the metal disk
with stainless and maybe I could epoxy the cast body.  or possibly find a
bronze one.

Brian