[PSUBS-MAILIST] Hard Pontoon or Saddle Tank Options

Vance, I came across my friends rotary molded hard plastic fishing pontoon boat, that I thought you might find of interest.  These floats are can be mounted like saddle tanks or further out in a sponson configuration with enough room to perhaps see down between the main hull and the pontoons from the conning tower side viewport.  These can easily be cut open on the bottom to make them into soft tanks, and add other things.  These two models below, already have a integrated rod attachment means, that I would suspect might make them reasonably easy to attach to a sub with new SS rods. These floats can be sanded and painted or even perhaps Rhino coated.

Specifications for the Hobie Float Cat 60 complete assembly
Length:
60"
Width: 43"
Weight: 21 lbs.
Capacity: 250 lbs.

I took these pictures of my friends older Hobie Float Cat 60.  One could likely get these floats from my friend for a song and a dance, since he has not used it in years, and has upgraded to a larger inflatable outfit.

http://cid-5085d10eb6afe47c.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Hobie%20Float%20Cat%2060%20Hard%20Floats

http://www.hobiecat.com/fishing/models_floatcat60.html

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Hobie-Cat-Float-Cat-60-Tackle-Shack-NEW-Fishing_W0QQitemZ380062889371QQihZ025QQcategoryZ36122QQcmdZViewItem

I much prefer the shape of the Float Cat 75's. They look like they might track well when the sub is being towed.

Specifications for Hobie Float Cat 75 complete assembly
Length:
75"
Width: 46 1/4"
Weight: 43 lbs.