Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:01 AM
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Depth Gauges

Jim,

Go to www.usabluebook.com for gages incremented in feet of water.  If you will be diving in mainly salt water the faces need to be changed.  Two inch gages don?t give you much for resolution.  As an aside, an accurate depth gage can be used for navigation when you on near bottom with some contour.  It is common practice to run down an isoclines (I.e. follow a depth curve) when trying to navigate to something.   Www.mar-vel.com should have gages that will measure feet of seawater.

R/Jay

Respectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas

As scarce as the truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand.

    -Josh Billings