Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Oil drum submarine

Hi Joe. Good to hear from you again. Thanks for the good wishes. I'm staying busy on the sub project and taking lots of pictures.
As for the Chinese barrel sub, I don't think it's that scary. Although it probably is a death trap, gotta give the guy credit for living his dreams. We are lucky to have the resources to chase ours, and to have friends like psubs to help guide us along. His one man sub will only kill one guy ( him ) and like many of the baby steps on innovation, may inspire the next generation onto great things. I've got several friends who are convinced I'm just as crazy, and will most likely die in this thing. Well, that being said, I'm still plugging away. Good design, attention to quality construction, and thorough testing are a big help in assuring that won't happen but even an ABS certified sub will kill you. I like this particular thread for it's many different perspectives, and I think it's spurred some thoughts on where the psub group may be headed for the future. Fortunately the issues of safety are taking a front seat, and this can only benefit us all. With all the different backgrounds available to the group, I'm sure some good things will come of this. That's a side benefit that came from the work the Chinese guy did. I wonder how many other ideas are being hatched around the world just by people who read that story. Frank D.