Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 08:38:24 -0400
From: mholt@ohiohills.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Oil drum submarine

Brent Hartwig wrote:

You have to give the guy props for making his dream happen. He's only planning to go to 10 meters according to the article. I would think those drums could take that. Perhaps he has some internal ribbing or other stiffeners we can't see. The end drums might be the MBT's.

I don't really understand how the conning tower is attached and reinforced.
I didn't see any hinges or other evidence that the fins can be controlled.

Mike
--
Cold reasoning doesn't have to prevail over romance.  -Phil Bolger

Time for vacation? WIN what you need. Enter Now!