RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Oil drum submarine

You have to give the guy props for making his dream happen. He's only planning to go to 10 meters according to the article. I would think those drums could take that. Perhaps he has some internal ribbing or other stiffeners we can't see. The end drums might be the MBT's.

I don't really understand how the conning tower is attached and reinforced.

   "Obstacles cannot crush me.   Every obstacle yields to stern resolve.   He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind."     ~ Leonardo da Vinci

"Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens."   ~ Epictetus

Cheers,
Brent