Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Penetrators/corrosion.

Hi James. Yes, The cost of those "lite" tanks seems quite low to me. No way could I build a tank for that and have the connections and all. Because my tank is inside the hull, I like the idea of being able to see the water level. The idea is to be able to add water to a pre-determined level while at the surface depending on what buoyancy is needed. Small adjustments can be made while still shallow so no really high pressure would be required. If I needed a little adjustment at depth though, the tank can still take it. I can see the water level, and add a half gallon or remove a half gallon. ( that takes a pump )
     If the tank was outside the hull, I think I'd probably go with a stainless one. I saw some SS pipe at the
recycle yard and a two foot piece of 1/4 " X 10" was about $80. End cap plate, and fittings would likely add another $100 or so. A little pricey but not out of reach.
Frank D.