To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 9:40 PM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] New Submarine Project... Need Input.

HEY EVERYONE! I have not been on here in quite some time but now that the summer is here I am ready to embark on my project. I have figured mostly everything out by going through the forums and such and have produced this list of requirements. Have a look and let me know what you think.

-Bryce

*****************************
Points the sub must fulfill

1.  4 Persons
2.  Extended stay capability
3.  Lavatory
4.  Food Storage
5.  Co2 Oxygen Life Support System
6.  Joystick Drive system
7.  Advanced Computer Monitoring and control system

 - Points the sub should fulfill
1.      Range of Los Angeles to Hawaii on extended trip situations
2.      Diesel Electric
3.      Long Battery Life

 - Other points not real necessary but also nice.
 (for example: ready in 3 months, color pink)
1.  Ready in 1 year.

1 ATM
             Wet or Dry= Dry
             Depth= 300 FT
             Distance
I want to have the ship designed to go from Los Angeles to Hawaii
             Size= 25ft
             Submerged duration (time)12 hours
             Weight= Unknown
             Number of people= 4
             Primary tasks
                    - recreation
             Safety factor/buffer= unknown

             Safety features
                    CO2 Scrubbing
                    Drop Weight
                    Flood Valves
                    Emergency Ballast Blow via Chemical Reaction in Tanks
             Air quality
                    - CO2 scrubbing
                    - O2 tanks
             Communications
             Size of support crew= 3
             Surface support ship/boat= none
             Occupants sitting, prone, combination
             Battery only= batteries get recharged via Diesel
             Diesel powered on surface= yes
             How batteries are charged:
                    - on beach/dock and onboard
             How air tanks are filled:
                    - on beach/dock ( at Scuba shops you need to be
                    a Certified Diver with a C card )
                    - on board
             Trailerable
             Steel, Fiberglas (GRP)
             Skill sets you:
                    - have
                           Electronics
                           Computer Software Engineering
                           Robotics

-    need
Welding
             Skill sets:
                    - math
                    - drafting
                    - diving
             Cost limit= $100,000
             Time limit (to build)= 1 Year (Summer 2009)
             Maintenance:
                    - time= unlimited
                    - effort= unlimited

our server receiving your request.