[PSUBS-MAILIST] New Submarine Project... Need Input.

HEY EVERYONE! I have not been on here in quite some time but now that the summer is here I am ready to embark on my project. I have figured mostly everything out by going through the forums and such and have produced this list of requirements. Have a look and let me know what you think.

-Bryce

*****************************
 Points the sub must fulfill

1.  4 Persons
2.  Extended stay capability
3.  Lavatory
4.  Food Storage
5.  Co2 Oxygen Life Support System
6.  Joystick Drive system
7.  Advanced Computer Monitoring and control system

  - Points the sub should fulfill
1.      Range of Los Angeles to Hawaii on extended trip situations
2.      Diesel Electric
3.      Long Battery Life

  - Other points not real necessary but also nice.
  (for example: ready in 3 months, color pink)
1.  Ready in 1 year.

1 ATM
              Wet or Dry= Dry
              Depth= 300 FT
              Distance
                     I want to have the ship designed to go from Los Angeles to Hawaii
              Size= 25ft
              Submerged duration (time)12 hours
              Weight= Unknown
              Number of people= 4
              Primary tasks
                     - recreation
              Safety factor/buffer= unknown

              Safety features
                     CO2 Scrubbing
                     Drop Weight
                     Flood Valves
                     Emergency Ballast Blow via Chemical Reaction in Tanks
              Air quality
                     - CO2 scrubbing
                     - O2 tanks
              Communications
              Size of support crew= 3
              Surface support ship/boat= none
              Occupants sitting, prone, combination
              Battery only= batteries get recharged via Diesel
              Diesel powered on surface= yes
              How batteries are charged:
                     - on beach/dock and onboard
              How air tanks are filled:
                     - on beach/dock ( at Scuba shops you need to be
                     a Certified Diver with a C card )
                     - on board
              Trailerable
              Steel, Fiberglas (GRP)
              Skill sets you:
                     - have
                            Electronics
                            Computer Software Engineering
                            Robotics

-    need
Welding
              Skill sets:
                     - math
                     - drafting
                     - diving
              Cost limit= $100,000
              Time limit (to build)= 1 Year (Summer 2009)
              Maintenance:
                     - time= unlimited
                     - effort= unlimited