Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] uneven charging

I have spent many hours trying to decide on what the best battery for the buck is. A good AGM battery that's sealed and all runs $245 each. At 10 units.....you get the point.
I think I'm going to go down and buy the cheapest set of marine deep cycle  batteries I can get, run those buggers right into the ground, and get the feel of the boat before I commit to a final solution.
There are some Li-ion ones in an automotive size available at $1200 each, but I've read some bad reviews on them. The local auto parts store has deep cycle on sale at $59 each and they come with a 1 year warranty.
If I get ten dives out of them, I'll have enough dives to work out most of the bugs that are bound to pop up.
I had a set of eight batteries and a converter up at my ranch and they lasted 8 years under constant use. These were 6 volt golf cart batteries. Got my money's worth out of those for sure. The application was a little different, but it was common to run them down to 40%. Like all things, there's a trade off to consider.
Frank D.