Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Looking for electric motors.

Hi Jim. Ya, that's the approach I have long considered. Much like the steering mechanism I plan to work out. The side thrusters are heavy in the back in relation to the pivot point so that if the pivot actuator failed, the thruster would be pointing up. Give it some juice and up we go ! I had planned an putting a spring on it to help it return to vertical. I was just considering the electric motor as an actuator to eliminate an additional thru-hull for the hydraulics. I could run the wires through the motor lead hole. Biggest problem though is allowing the thruster to go vertical if the actuator motor fails. I could also use an air cylinder rather than hydraulics, but it would be either up or down. A "positioner" done with air power is pretty complicated. I'll probably go with the hydraulics. Frank D.