Van: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] Namens ShellyDalg@aol.com
Verzonden: maandag 24 maart 2008 16:04
Aan: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Onderwerp: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] MBT air lock/instuments

Thanks to all for the good thread.

Would an amp meter on each motor circuit be any use? I thought it may give me a heads up if one motor was different than the others and needed attention.

On the internal pressure thing, I had planned on using a simple manometer like I used when working doing air balance. It's a tube that shows water column. I was going to modify one by plugging one end with a valve, and setting it at atmospheric when the hatch is open. With the  valve closed, I should be able to tell if the internal pressure changes ( up or down ) and adjust accordingly. I'm installing a small tube/valve on the hatch to release internal air in case I need to flood the sub for escape, so I can dump the last bubble before opening the hatch. I haven't figured out how to reduce the internal pressure while still submerged but thought maybe a small air compressor blowing into a tank would work. Then when I get close to the surface, dump the tank.

Frank D.

Checked by AVG.

Checked by AVG.