From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of Brent Hartwig
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2008 10:12 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Rotary Table for Drilling View Ports and the Like

Hi Brian,

That sounds like a good plan, but the UPS truck won't be able to drive up my driveway tell spring, so I'll just have to snow shoe to your house to do some drilling. :)'  Besides that, I spent my big jar of nickels on new snow shovels, since I keep braking them and they keep raising the prices on the good ones.   I think it's time to bring in a D9 bull dozer.

If a person only has a drill press, I was thinking that if they wanted to make the hole drilling on a viewport easier and economical,  they could clamp on a 2" X  4" or 2" X 2" wood fence to the drill press table, with a piece coming out from it in a perpendicular fashion.  Here is a model of what I'm thinking would work.

http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=4001713&pid=9293149

I'm lucky that on one of my two drill presses I have a large rectangular table with a table saw type fence to assist in this sort of operation.

Cheers,
Brent