Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] battery charge level

That's a good question, but there are solutions, depending on what you have for a system.
Lots of guys have a computer system on-board to control the motors and monitor systems like electrical usage, air supply, etc. I'm not that computer savvy, so am looking at a more simple way to gage battery power/time.
My MinnKota motors don't come with this, but the company does have a meter for some of it's other motors that gives you an estimated time of useful battery time left.
This unit plugs into the speed controller and measures what you've used, and projects what time you have left. If you apply a ''full speed'' burst, it recalculates and the number changes ( down ) to the new estimated time left.
I'm waiting for more paperwork on this unit from them to see if it can be adapted to the motors I have.
There are several off the shelf units/components that will do this job also.
If I find a device that works, I'll pass it along. Frank D.