Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] V Deflector Awash

Thanks Brent. That's a ways off yet. For the short term,I'll be using a flashlight. I expect my first year of diving (2008) to be relatively shallow, and with all there is to see and film around Monterey Bay, I probably won't go below 150 feet. Although we have a very deep trench here, I plan on staying inside the 300 foot limit until I contemplate any serious lighting. From years of diving in the area, it doesn't really get '' dim'' until you reach about 120 feet. My bottom time has always been too short and let's face it, I'm not getting any younger.
I want to get on film what I've seen around here. Truly some beautiful creatures, and even some that were kinda scary.
There are some nice lights out there, and my philosophy on the sub is......don't re-invent the wheel.
All the subs at the convention were straight forward and well thought out, without being overly complicated.
Similar in design, but each had it's own innovations, and approach to basic operation.
It really was a blast to see all these guys and their machines. If you get a chance, you should try to make the next one.
Any way, thanks for your advice, and keep researching the net for bits of gold. I for one appreciate the links.
Frank D.