Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] transit

Hi Joe. Again you are right. for a long transit, it's gotta be better to be on board a ship with a galley, bathroom, and wet bar. but what about 2 to 10 miles from the dock or ramp ?
As for the saucer shape of my hull, water tank tests with the model show it to be very stable when the proposed ballast tanks are attached.( haven't built the real ones yet, still welding on the hull. )
During pull tests both at the surface and submerged, the model tracks pretty true.
The completed shape will be much like a surface boat, and travels pretty good when pulled ( towed ? ) so I hope to be able to tow it out to sea without much trouble.
Have you ever towed a dinghy behind your boat? I remember towing one around the Greek islands behind a 60 ft. sail boat. Those things are all over the place. Especially when you get up to speed.
Remember that there isn't anyone in the dinghy. and they are quite light.
Unlike the 4-1/2 ton ''dinghy '' I'm building.
Anyway, towing a boat of any kind is a pain in the ass, and it just seems like a better idea to have your own power on-board.
Frank D.