From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Brent Hartwig
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 3:47 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Transit Outboards

Great idear Frank,

I would expect that with some of the smaller outboards you could put them inside the sub, perhaps in a special built case, with out the need of a surface boat. You would want to make sure the gas didn't leak out.

I had thoughts along this line some time back, and was thinking about making a very small and light pressure hull to custom fit over the outboard rated at the same working pressure as the sub. The said small pressure hull could be made out of aluminum, steel, stainless steel, titanium, FRP or some other composite. It would be a great place to practice building and testing composite hull designs, since if it fails, you won't likely be harmed by it's implosion.

For this type of arrangement you will likely need manually operated valves for the exhaust and intake.

Regards,
Brent Hartwig