[PSUBS-MAILIST] Are we lawyers or hobbyist

I would like to give a very special thanks to the sub owners that brought their subs to the convention. Seeing what has been done was my main interest in attending the convention. And I congratulate each one of  you for getting it done in your own way. My background is in aviation, both civil and military, being licensed as both as a pilot and a mechanic and I was  a member of the Experimental Aircraft Association for 20 years. The EAA publishes a monthly magazine that contains articles for the most part written by other amateur  members .I have seen articles on how to build your own autopilot, how to overhaul a Volkswagen engine for airplane use and many other technical articles on critical equipment. These authors are not doctorates in their field; they are just enthusiasts willing to share  unique information with other hobbyist to enhance the enjoyment and or safety of the sport. I am sure there are many of you that have that kind of special knowledge that could be posted on the psub web page for the benefit of us all.  I am considering building a sub, but many things enter into that happing. 1. dedicate an adequate work space  2.learn basic CAD skills 3.refresh welding skills 4.educate myself on ABS standards 5. purchase more welding equipment.6. find a machine shop willing to work with customer drawings. 7 find a couple dozen suppliers that will sell 1 or 2 each items to a retail customer. 7. in my spare time read Dr Stachiw's book and learn how to test acrylic view ports. 8. convince my wife how much fun we are going to have working 10-12 hours a day on a large steel tub. 9++++ I'm sure I will find out about the time I start my first assembly.
 What I'm saying in comparing psubs to the EAA is that the EAA builder must do every thing that I just listed above, but he has the additional help of fellow builders or knowledgeable individuals who are willing to share. I don't follow the logic that I must design electronic circuitry for a home built system just because misuse can kill me.In building an airplane If I misuse a cable swaging tool or fail to test a control cable I guarantee you that I will die of something other than old age,but I still don't think I have to build the swaging tool.  put the design on a public form, explain what the circuitry accomplishes, how to test it, tell us the" what ifs" and leave it up to us to use or not . We build these things by our hand if we die we die by our hand. If it was any other way the kit built aircraft industry would not have lasted this long. What I need living in southern Arizona is sources of supply, examples of how things were done that worked. I have reviewed the K350 drawings and I suspect that many of the vender supplied parts are no longer available. What are the work arounds. On the psub web page there is a design page that has gone nowhere. Come on tell us new guys of a solution that you are proud of.

Randy