Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2007 7:02 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Interest in your project

Brady,

No gear box, this is a high speed impeller and drive train.  Top rpm will be around 5000 rpm.  The shaft seal, as a consequence, had to be rated for high speed.  I am using a double mechanical seal with the barrier fluid being a environmentally friendly coolant.  This coolant is passed through a small shell and tube heat exchanger that that uses high pressure water from the jet pump to force the water through the heat exchanger and then vent  to ambient. The plate HP on the motor is 13 HP but for intermittent service, the the motor will put out over 40 break hp.  The high voltage/high current wiring for the motor / controller is circuit protected at 400 amps to handle this loading.

Cheers!

Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.
Samuel Johnson